- This event has passed.
(Online) Exploring the Other 1: Play and the Unknown
November 24, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
How do we respond to the ‘Other’? Whether it is other people, other ideas, or other sides of ourselves, that which we label ‘Other’ can cause discomfort, confusion, fear, and much else.
What if we were to explore the Other proactively? What if we found that the Other was a transformative source of power, renewal, and redemption?
This is part one of this three-part series, in this workshop, we will explore the idea of the Other and see how it can enrich and empower ourselves in life. In particular, we will explore three dimensions of ‘Other-ness’:
- Unknown: other knowledge and experience; uncertainty; which can be traversed through a spirit of Play.
- Shadow: other sides of ourselves, which we may not know or identify with, or which we may close ourselves off to.
- Other People: humanity at large, and all the challenges that brings; which can be explored through a lens of compassion.
Possible Benefits of this class:
- Deepen and expand your sense of self by communing with the ‘Other’
- Learn skills and approaches for handling encounters with the ‘Other’ in life
- Explore powerful spiritual possibility latent in the ‘Other’, as has been emphasized by many traditions from Taoism to Jungian psychology
Price (Members): Free for Members
Price (Regular): $10 per class
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org